Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH surge is here!!

I'm kind of against the idea of charting...it just seemed like too much complication. This is the month that we are really wanting to concieve...my period started on the 1st and ended on the seventh. On the 9th I started my ovulation test strips, and it showed positive for the LH hormone today!!

So my question is....since we are trying for a girl, should we stop now or keep going? We tried on Sunday, Monday, and yesterday. heehee -- I'm thinking maybe try tonight and then wait and see what happens.

I think it's so weird that it showed positive so soon after my period ended....4 days?!?

Well, I guess nobody has an opinion on this...oh well.

Comment

Hey Mia
      I am sorry no one chimed in here for you...
      You want to start trying as soon as the last day of your period and the days following up until 2-3 days before ovulation..the earlier you start trying before you O the better....
      hth
      and
      Last edited by harmonicker; 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks Traci.

Comment

We stopped on the day of the LH surge and it worked, baby + it's a girl.

It's not fool proof though, remember.

Comment

Originally posted by PoshMama View Post
            We stopped on the day of the LH surge and it worked, baby + it's a girl.

It's not fool proof though, remember.
            Oh, ok thanks!! That's what we did too...I know it's not totally foolproof but, hey, it seems like perfect timing. What's interesting is that I got a lunar fertility chart done a while back...it says that this month is a girl month, and that the best days to TTC were the 8th through the 11th...which happened to coincide with the ending of my period, and on the 11th I got the positive for the LH surge. So it seems like everything fell into place...I'm hoping 'everything' did, anyway!! lol

Now for the two week wait...do I really have to wait that long? I might go nuts.....

Comment

I knew at 8DPO, the clearblue test was good for me. Or get the cheap ones and go nuts POAS (peeing on a stick)

Thats what I did LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PoshMama View Post
                I knew at 8DPO, the clearblue test was good for me. Or get the cheap ones and go nuts POAS (peeing on a stick)

Thats what I did LOL
                8DPO = 8 days past ovulation?

Yup, I'm definitely going with the clear blue easy. I did one of the cheapo ones when I first thought I was pregnant with ds, and it gave me an inconclusive result...there was no doubt with the clear blue though!

Comment

Originally posted by Mama*Pisces View Post
                  8DPO = 8 days past ovulation?

Yup, I'm definitely going with the clear blue easy. I did one of the cheapo ones when I first thought I was pregnant with ds, and it gave me an inconclusive result...there was no doubt with the clear blue though!
                  Yep 8 days past, but I was lucky it can be up to the whole 14 days, but I think often before 12

Comment

Hmm...day 9 is really early to ovulate but do you normally have short cycles? I have a friend who ovulates the day after her period is over so technically she can get pregnant when on her period! Her cycles are only 21 days though. If your cycles are a little longer I'd keep taking the ovulation tests to see if the line gets darker just in case its not really the surge yet. Good luck trying for your girl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBean View Post
                      Hmm...day 9 is really early to ovulate but do you normally have short cycles? I have a friend who ovulates the day after her period is over so technically she can get pregnant when on her period! Her cycles are only 21 days though. If your cycles are a little longer I'd keep taking the ovulation tests to see if the line gets darker just in case its not really the surge yet. Good luck trying for your girl!!!
                      Well, no...my cycles aren't very consistent, but lately they have been every 30-35 days(for example, I got my period in April on the 23rd, then skipped May altogether and got it on June 1st). But it really was a positive, I know because I got a negative the prior two days, and there was a definite difference in the lines. And now I've got cervical discharge(since two days ago), so doesn't that mean I'm ovulating? Agghhhh...I don't know, I guess maybe we should just keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mama*Pisces View Post
                        Well, no...my cycles aren't very consistent, but lately they have been every 30-35 days(for example, I got my period in April on the 23rd, then skipped May altogether and got it on June 1st). But it really was a positive, I know because I got a negative the prior two days, and there was a definite difference in the lines. And now I've got cervical discharge(since two days ago), so doesn't that mean I'm ovulating? Agghhhh...I don't know, I guess maybe we should just keep trying.
                        Well I'm not sure because I have heard of people getting a positive and then a negative after it and then another positive when they actually ovulated. I have no clue why that would happen. You can look at the charts on fertility friend and see that happen every now and then. But...since your cycles aren't consistent it could have definitely been O

Comment

Working...
                        X