Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature charting/when is up?

For you temperature charters with nurslings in bed, when do you take temperature? Does it matter that you've been rolling around with a kiddo for awhile? How does it go to strictly chart with kiddos (I did NFP before kids, but it sounds so overwhelming now)?

Katie

PS. I'm trying to avoid for right now!

Hi Katie,

It wasn't nearly as easy to chart with a cosleeping child! I velcroed the thermometer to the back of my headboard, and used it when we first started stirring. That was usually around the same time every morning, and a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before we actually "woke up". The memory feature on the thermometer was priceless, because I was often half asleep. I'd put my face against the pillow to try to soften the beeping - but after a few mornings my daughter got used to it.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by melissa_h; 03-06-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I, too, kept the thermometer very close to the bed. As soon as my son started to stir, I'd stop and take my temperature. The rolling around could, theoretically, increase your temperature possibly giving you the idea that you'd O'd when you hadn't. If you're avoiding then this isn't a good thing hehe.

Comment

My understanding is you are suppose to take temp as soon as awake before moving alot like above posters said. I could never do the temping since BFing/co-sleeping b/c my understanding is that you are suppose to get at least 3 straight hours sleep & always take at same time each morning....ya right never worked for me. I mainly rely on other fertile/infertile signs to chart. Though tricky when BFing.

Comment

Originally posted by blessedmama View Post
          My understanding is you are suppose to take temp as soon as awake before moving alot like above posters said. I could never do the temping since BFing/co-sleeping b/c my understanding is that you are suppose to get at least 3 straight hours sleep & always take at same time each morning....ya right never worked for me. I mainly rely on other fertile/infertile signs to chart. Though tricky when BFing.
          same here

Comment

I had the same issue. I did chart temperatures on a few occasions to find that my temps were all over the board. I was told by my CCL NFP instructor that that was an indication that I wasn't anywhere near ovulating. She said that my body would give me plenty of warning that I was becoming fertile. The problem was that I started getting warnings for months where I was looking close to becoming fertile. I just didn't trust the uncertainty and ended up using a back up method (yes, I know not CCL approved) until now. My fertility returned less than a month ago. My chasing my hubby around the room on vacation was a good indication. Right now, I have great fertile mucus that makes it very clear I'm ovulating although I still need to start taking temperatures again (I can't find the thermometer). We are trying to avoid. I remained infertile for 3 years (pregnancy+breastfeeding). My son's just under 2.5 and he still nurses on demand - probably 2x/night and 3-5x/day but brief sessions.

I would advise, listen to your body and, if you had an instructor, I would really encourage you to contact her and see if she can work with you.

All the best.

K

Comment

I, too, was unable to successfully do temperature charting due to breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and frequent waking throughout the night.

Comment

Working...
              X