Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Post Partum Depression?

Is there such a thing?

I have been feeling as if I have PPD but I am not due until April so it can't be that! I am very overwhelmed but it doesn't feel like mama burn-out, it feels like PPD.

Anyone experience this or know anything about it? I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

PPD is depression after having a child.....you could just be having a general depression and since yours are rather close, it still could be PPD after the last one hypothtically.

PSI: Postpartum Support International

Quote from site above--
    Although the term “PPD” is used frequently as a term relating to the mood changes a mother may have after having a baby, a more accurate term may be Perinatal Mood Disorders. This term allows for the great variability of symptoms which often include more than depression alone and acknowledges that mood disorders can occur during pregnancy as well as after having a baby.
    Last edited by naomifrederickmd; 01-20-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Blessedmama,

I'm sorry that you are feeling bad. Is there anyone that you can talk to in person about how you are feeling?

Is there anything we can do to help?

Sending you

Comment

Thank you for the replies!

Last few days I have been feeling better than I have in four years! It has been 3 days since a I last had a headache! I spoke with a close friend & my midwife & I started taking multi-vit, B vit, iron & folic acid & it has worked wonders already! I am still have some struggles but sooooo much better! Been thinking more clearly & sight better even! All my physical pains have lessened & emotionally I am doing great! I thought I was losing my mind!

We had a wonderful weekend as I was feeling so much better that we laughed, smiled, snuggled, & loved so much more than we have in long time! Ohhh.....sniffle! What a life changer this has been!

I was really scared thinking I had a cancer or something through out my body with how bad I felt. And emotionally....oh gosh I can't even explain it. I just feel so blessed with the info my friend & MW gave me & that I can now restore our family balance better!

Thanks again for your replies!

Comment

I am glad you are on the upswing!

Comment

I was wondering if this was the issue which you referred to when you posted about trying to wean your 3 year old.... As I am desperately trying to find a way to wean DD I was wondering if you managed to.

I have Chronic Migraine Disease and the disrupted night sleeping every night is triggering almost daily Migraines... I am also feeling very anxious and depressed and I am taking Vitamins and consulting doctors and will be seeing a Naturapath (ND) next week for the first time, but I just can't keep up the pace of nursing to sleep, and then night waking at 1am, 3am, and sometimes more until waking in horrible pain with co-sleeping DD nursing first thing in the morning (even if I go to sleep at the same time, I don't feel rested because she just nurses more...). I don't have a DH to take over and soothe her and I'm the only person who has *ever* put her to sleep at night.... I'll post about this elsewhere, too, but that is the basic situation...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! I was also wondering if you feel like it was a vitamin deficiency that was the main problem, or that just getting things off your chest in addition to adding to your own nutrition helped? I certainly feel like things would be a lot better if I had more of a support network in terms of friends. While DD and I live with my large family, I haven't made a lot of friends in the area where we live. I only moved here when I was pregnant and realized that things weren't going to work out with DD's biological father and I couldn't afford to support us myself (and I really wanted to be able to stay home with my baby for the first few years of her life - the alternative to living with my family would have been to put her in Daycare full-time from the beginning and I knew I would be miserable doing that. I still feel extremely lucky to have had this option and don't have any regrets as this, though it has been the hardest time in my life has also been the best and most meaningful!). My family has a very large, very nice house in a wealthy community, but being a single mother is very rare around here (I don't know even one other single mother living in my town!). Most of the women I meet, including all 11 of the other mothers in my daughter's pre-school class are married and I don't know if it's solely because of being single, but I have found it hard to make friends. I had spent most of my 20's living in NYC and living in the suburbs without a house of my own is just kind of odd. DD is doing great socially herself, though! She attracts other kids with no problem wherever she goes, whether at the playground or school or activities. She has had playdates, but mostly with kids with Nannys. The other Moms around here also seem so busy all of the time, though few work outside their homes - which is a huge job no matter whether they have childcare help or not... there is also a big trend around here of having at least two kids... my dd is the only "only child" in her class, and the majority of the other 3-4 year olds she goes to preschool with 3 afternoons a week are the older siblings in their families, like yours! I sometimes think that there is just a trend of extreme exhaustion and that is why people don't seem as social as they did when I was 20-something, or even my parent's generation who had lots of dinner parties and nights out with other couples. It also seems like the husbands aren't even around that much - I guess in order to afford to live here with only one parent working, the husbands have to work extra hard. I probably get *more* help living with my family than a lot of these women who are alone with the kids all day!

Sorry to be musing so much here... Again, I'm really glad to hear you are feeling better, and if you have any more insights into your depression or news about weaning I'd love to hear about it! Thank you for sharing your story! Take care!

Comment

momala,

I'm a bit confused, are you trying to wean a three year old or is that Blessedmama? How old is you DD and are you wanting to wean or just night-wean?

Blessedmama,

We haven't heard from you for awhile (or maybe I missed your most recent posts ). How are things going with you?

Jessica

Comment

[QUOTE=
                Blessedmama,

We haven't heard from you for awhile (or maybe I missed your most recent posts ). How are things going with you?

Jessica[/QUOTE]

Been trying to post FOREVER! Never ending computer probs!

Anyway, need make this fast...doing well, taking liquid chlorophyll & it has been amazing! Due between now & 2 weeks to have our forth baby! Been laboring on & off last few days but not enough to have baby. This will be our second home birth & ever so excited to meet our new baby!

Things have gotten better for me & all I am dealing with now. If have more time will post more.

Gotta get LOs to bed now...take care everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X