X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What AP is NOT

To help those new to AP let's talk about what AP is NOT in parenting...

AP is not new...been around for a long time......and it just comes naturally....I like to think of it as human nature parenting.

Comment

NOT permissive parenting....

Comment

AP is not behaving as if your child is a "little emperor" --but treating your child as a human with needs, feelings and complex motivations. AP is not forcing your child to fit into your life, but creating a new life that fosters all family members needs.

Comment

Not being a breastfeeding mother or babywearing parent, it is a lifetime commitment to nurture our families. AP families just happen to do those things.

I have families who have told me that they breastfed and have done the AP thing and their kids were too big. (Ages 2 and up)

Comment

AP is not 'giving in' - Its treating your baby as you would want to be treated in the same situation.

Comment

It is not hippie! A suburban soccer mom can be just as intuitive, empathic and responsive to her children as anyone else.

Comment

AP is not for Mom's only.

Comment

Originally posted by havecompassion View Post
                  AP is not for Mom's only.

totally agree!

Comment

Well apparently this guy has a list of what AP is not and thinks it is?
                    http://www.bestnaturalparenting.info...-for-children/

Comment

WHAT??!! WHO is this guy? and where did he get so much misguided information? for an "expert", he sure provides a lot of unintelligent ideas.

Comment

ah, he's perpetuating the "child-centered" negativity that surrounds AP. I hate it when folks think we absolutely neglect ourselves. i guess they failed to read the 8th principle. we are family centered!! if the AP style of parenting is so tough on my marriage, then how in the world did we conceive baby #2, Mr. Grose?
                        --Rebecca

Comment

not just that, his entire concept was off! AP and EC have nothing to do w/each other. and, even in the AP community, nursing until 6 is quite rare! these are not the point of AP at all!!

Comment

not just that, his entire concept was off! AP and EC have nothing to do w/each other. and, even in the AP community, nursing until 6 is quite rare! these are not the point of AP at all!!

we have quite a few families in our group w/multiple kids. one just gave birth to #8 and another will soon have #5. nearly all of us have more than 1.

Comment

That infuriates me, reading articles like that. From someone who has NO idea. I work really hard to advocate AP and educate people about what it really entails, and then to read an article like that from a parenting "expert"...it just fuels mainstream parents' argument for traditional discipline. grrrr...

Originally posted by PaxMamma View Post
                              AP and EC have nothing to do w/each other.
                              This is just a side note, but I actually think that AP and EC have a lot to do with each other....It's all about being in close communication with your child's needs. But one is not an indicator of the other, and you're right that it shouldn't have been lumped in to his "argument"!

Comment

Working...
                              X