Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Good Old Memories!!!

So I was helping my mother clean out her garage the other day and I found a box full of all my old Christmas decorations from when I was younger... it brought back so many memories! I remember dressing up with my cousin and putting on a little song and dance for the family. I want my kids to have great memories like that one day!

I know it's a little early to be talking about Christmas, but its really just around the corner .So I was wondering what your favorite Christmas memories were?

I loved going to my Grandma's a few days before and she always had an early gift for me and my sister--something that would keep us occupied untill the day-- like a coloring book. That was fun. We also have always had a x-mas eve candlelight dinner, but with picnic food! It was so fun! She covered the table with little red candles in star shaped holders and at the end of the meal we would take turns putting the candles with this fancy candle snuffer! I think I got that when g-ma went to a retirement home.
    I hope I can have a dinner like that in a few years. Right now we only have 2 adult chairs for our dinner table!

Comment

Radio City Chirstmas

My favorite memories as a kid was my grandmother always taking my sister and I to the Radio City Chirstmas Spectacular every December. I havent gone in years, but this December I will get to take my kids and I can't wait for them to see the show I have enjoyed throughout my childhood!

Comment

The only thing I remember doing was not putting up the tree til after my birthday. My brithday is December 12 and on the 13 th or the next weekend we would go out and get the tree.

We've decided to start a tradition with my son similar to this. He spent a week in the NICU after he was born and got such good care from the doctors and nurses we have started getting him an ornament each year that benefits the NICU where he spent some time. Right now he's only 18 months but as he gets older I'll explain it to him more.

Comment

We bought a Christmas decoration each every year, they would be the first things (after the tinsel and lights) that would go on the tree. I actually still go over to my mothers to help her put up the tree. We have started something like that with DS.

Mum also put the stockings full of little nicknacks on our bed to open when we first woke up. Later she confessed that it was to get just a little more sleep for herself... but it was fun for us too!

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieEm View Post
            My favorite memories as a kid was my grandmother always taking my sister and I to the Radio City Chirstmas Spectacular every December. I havent gone in years, but this December I will get to take my kids and I can't wait for them to see the show I have enjoyed throughout my childhood!
            We always used to go to shows too, that's a great idea, I definitely want to be able to share the joy that I can remember so vividly from those times. Tickets can be kinda steep (Radio City Homepage) but I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work.

Comment

Working...
            X