X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neeeding some support/+ feedback please

Hi!! to the co-sleeping Mammas out there, who have children now sleeping, please -please reinforce that message for me. A year on, and the longest sleep my daughter has had is 4 hrs 40 mins... and although she has been consistently csleeping 3 - 31/2 hrs at the beginning of thie night for a while - improved from 1-2hrs - I am needing some reassurance. SHe used to peacefully go back to sleep after nursing, but for about 2 weeks now, she gets very restless and moves all over the bed - usually starting around 2am-4.30 am 'ish' thinking it mainly has to do with her starting to do some steps on her own now. She has been a little less restles the past few nights, but I miss her peaceful falling back to sleep, even if it was v frequent....advie anyone?? thank you xxxx

So is she newly walking? That alone could be the reason for the increased night wakefullness. Maybe she is thinking of it and wakes up to practice?

Comment

Hi Naomi! Yes, walking sometimes now, for short bursts. Think that is what the restlessness is all about. But, please reassure me that she will eventually sleep for longer periods, for her sake, as much as mine. I dream of 5 hrs sleep.... anyway, just needing that encouragement right now. Thank you for your attendance.

Comment

YES!!!! it will only be a few more days or maybe a week (unless she learns something else new) YOU will get better sleep!

I just gave this link on another thread but it really has some great ideas for sleeping (even if you are not actually night weaning) such as eliminating discomfort...
        http://kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning-night.html

I also thought a baby massage might help relax her body, maybe a nice warm bath before bed? (my boys get energized by baths but a lot of people really say they relax their kids) She is too old for a swaddle but maybe a cold room and a heavy blanket might be soothing for her.

Comment

Hey, I am getting small amounts of sleep this week too! I understand!

Comment

It will get better. DD went through that every time something major was happening in her life. Now she sleeps between 8-12 hours straight. Good luck!

Comment

were they co-sleeping?

Comment

HI! We co-slept (and still do if he wakes during the night). Up until DS was about 14 months we didnt have anything longer than a four hour stretch and he woke at four in the morning... and then one night he slept from seven to seven and we havent looked back! If he is teething or sick he will wake to come into bed with us, but goes straight back to sleep. Otherwise he is now in his own room (his choice) and sleeps right through - he will be two in Oct. Believe me I understand the foggy "JUST SLEEP!!!!" feeling. It will pass, your LO will sleep through... I promise! They all just do it when they are ready to. For now you are giving your LO a great gift by being available at all hours. One day soon she will no longer need that and you will miss the cuddles at night.

Comment

Working...
                X