Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nap question

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum so bare with me if I am posting in the wrong section!! I have a question about napping. I have a 3 month old boy. He likes to nap while carried in my baby bjorn. As soon as he is awake he wants out, which is fine. I worry about how to deal with this when he is older and I may want to put him down for a nap. I have tried to nurse him on a sleep on our bed and slip away after he's asleep, but he wakes up after a short time.
    I guess the main reason I am concerned is because with my older son, I had to be with him for his whole nap. It was fine because I only had one child so I would nap or read. But I can't lay down with the baby if I have to watch my older son. With my older son, I took the advice of many and made my son cry it out. It was terrible to hear him cry and we did it for a week and it never worked.

By the way, the baby sleeps in a hammock bed in our room at night. At night I nurse him to sleep, and he's so out of it, he easily stays aseep when I put him down. But he wakes up when I try to put him down during the day. He even wakes up if I put him in the swing.

Thanks for the help!!

Was the same with my DD, she is now one and still naps for abt 45min when I put her down on her own, and sleeps longer when I nap with her or boob her to sleep for another cycle. For me, this was also a struggle because I am now pregnant again and even if I wanted to Bjorn her, I physically cannot anymore, not even mentioning the fact that she already weighs more than 20 pounds. My advice would be to put him down every once in a while just so he also gets used to sleeping on his own, perhaps on days when you wont mind him sleeping for a shorter time, or go do your own thing for the e.g. the 20 min he sleeps and then be there when he wakes to boob him back to sleep and stay with him for that last part.

Hope it helps some.

Comment

Working...
    X