Help please with negative thoughts about daughter

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again - I appreciate all of this. After reading Alfie Kohn, I don't do time outs or consequences or things like that... think my main issue was sometimes 'loosing it' in 'the moment'... body language, thoughts etc.. I really appreciate this discussion soo soo much.

Comment

@ reggie: girl, you really need to cut yourself some slack!
      @ fork: lovely expression of great advice - almost like a found poem
      @ anz6w: You say this also works with her dad? Can I ask you to expand on that? We're having terrible trouble ...
      @ moderator: thanks much for introduction of how we demonstrate for our kids what choices they have available for dealing with situations

Comment

Originally posted by novoleu View Post
        @ anz6w: You say this also works with her dad? Can I ask you to expand on that? We're having terrible trouble ...
        We are currently reading: http://nonviolentcommunication.com/s...products_id=37 and it has been a real eye opener. I'm working on expressing my feelings, but it has been difficult to get to the root of them because they often are on such charged topics. Feelings are hard to identify and it is very easy to get caught up in expressing how someone wronged you rather than how you felt about it.

I tell my husband how I feel and am working on trusting that his intent is to respond with empathy. It is very hard to be vulnerable and share emotion and have it fall on deaf ears. It still happens because we are human ... but we are working on making those instances fewer and far between.

<3

Comment

Working...
        X