X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I finally did it......

On Friday - for the first time since DS was born (he's 6 months) - DH gave DS a bottle of bm while I was out almost in tears the whole time just visiting a friend at work. Wow - that was hard.

Crazy, I know - that it's been 6 months and I've never been away from him for more than an hour to go do groceries or whatever and he's been with DH. And that's only been a handful of times.

I have decided that it is time though for me to give a little and take time for myself and also for DH and I. So this was a trial run.

I was so afraid - afraid he wouldn't take it - afraid he would take it. Silly, I know. Afraid that he would refect me later. But it all worked out. Phew - crisis overted!

I feel better and it made DH so happy to have 2 1/2 hours all to himself with the little man and to be able to nurture him while feeding him.

Maybe - now I can finally go for a haircut!!!! And maybe DH and I can go on a date??? Wow, wouldn't that be nice.

Just wanted to share - this has been an area I've been struggling with for a while.

Originally posted by luvsunflower View Post
    it made DH so happy to have 2 1/2 hours all to himself with the little man.
    giving my boys time alone w/their dad has been the greatest thing, too. they have their own relationship and it needs nurtured, too. they are real daddy's boys and crave time alone w/him!

you need not feel any guilt over leaving your baby w/their father. he is, after all, the other half of attachment PARENTING.

Comment

Originally posted by PaxMamma View Post

you need not feel any guilt over leaving your baby w/their father. he is, after all, the other half of attachment PARENTING.
      I laughed when I read this because it's so very true!!! I don't feel guilty at all leaving him with his father - it was all my issues leaving him period - this time was easy because it wasn't that long at all and DH is amazing with him - they have such a strong connection already and have so much fun together. But with this, I now have no excuses to "be the only one" who can care for him. If that makes sense. I feel a sense of loss but also joy that I'm realizing he's an independent little being who will be fine without me for an afternoon or so!!!!

The guilt and fear had more to do with the giving him a bottle issues. But it's all good - all worked out well!!!

Comment

With my first daughter I never left her, because she wouldn't take the bottle etc... she had a hard time with anyone but me, but by the time dd2 came along... I had founded a choir and was gone once a week for 2.5 hours... the first rehearsal was when she was not even 4 weeks old. I nursed her before leaving and pumped milk (which she never took)... but DH figured it out.. and she learned to be comforted by him and go to sleep. The minute I got home, my breasts would be tingling and she'd be asleep, she'd latch on and all was well with the world.

If I had to do it again with dd1 I'd have done it this way. dd2 has a much stronger bond to DH, and is happy to be with her daddy.

Comment

Working...
        X