Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unattached?

I practiced AP with DD from the moment she was born...I didn't even know what AP was! We co-slept, wore her in a sling, & breastfed. It all came so natural. I also was able to stay home with her till she was 2 1/2. We are still extremely attached and she is 4 1/2 now. She self weaned at 22 months and we still co-sleep.

Now, with DS who is turning 1 next week it all seems different. The circumstances are all different too. I had to go back to work full time when he was 6 weeks old. He was also sick a lot the first few months of his life with H1N1, RSV & frequent colds. He is still nursing and I am still pumping at work but he isn't nursing as much (except at night) so my milk production is slowing way down. We co sleep and I wear him when ever I can. I still feel so unattached to him and I don't understand. Is it because I'm working so much? Is it his personality? Is it because he is a boy? I just feel I never truly had the opportunity to bond with him. He isn't a cuddler and he has temper tantrums and gets really angry.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I need some support and I feel I don't have any...any advice would be great.

TIA

From my own experience, I can tell you that my relationship with both of my boys feels very different. With the first, I had all the time in the world to just be with him. With the second, I also had to tend to my first. And then, as all siblings are, their personalities are soooo different. My first is very responsive to me, my second would prefer to do everything his way, no help. I just think it's a combination of temperment and environment. I don't know if this helps, but I think parents should expect to have different experiences with all of their children.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have to agree with you about the temperament and you are right no two children are alike. We have a special bond and I am truly blessed to have both my children in my life!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X