Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preschool Expectations of Me

My daughter is 3.5 she will start preschool in the Fall. I looked at a few preschools and found one that I felt very comfortable with, I am allowed to stay until she is ready for me to go, the first day we go all day together all the parents do. They have a philosophy that works so well for me as an AP parent. My daughter loved the school when we went to visit. It is a Cooperative school so the parents run the business end of things. Tonight I went to the business meeting, and one of the things the school does is through an annual Gala as a major fundraiser, it is an evening event and a pretty big to do. I was assigned to the committee that puts this together. I am stressed out and anxious because the obvious expectation is that you leave your kids for the evening. Which I have never left my kids for an evening with anyone other than my husband nor do I want to. Top it all off they are throwing this Gala the night of my 30th birthday.

I love the curriculum and the teachers and director, but this Gala is seriously got me stressed out!

Hi mommypower!
    that is a bit unfortunate - a big even on your birthday... Is the expectation there that you have to attend the Gala after you helped to prepare for it? Do they know that it's your birthday?

Comment

Working...
    X