Research Birthing Options, Explore Parenting Philosophies and More
This Principle is not complete without reading API's Eight Principles of Parenting Introduction -- important information for understanding the context API's Principles of Parenting.
Attachment Parenting begins during pregnancy and childbirth and continues on through a child's lifetime. API has several pregnancy and childbirth resources available.
- Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Do you have any resources available for parents seeking Attachment Parenting (AP)-friendly providers?
- I'm pregnant with my second child, and my son no longer naps. How can I survive if I'm up all night with the baby and up all day with my son?
- I have a two-year-old, and I'm almost due with my second child. Is there a way to encourage them to nap at the same time without resorting to sleep training?
- How can I prepare to have a satisfying birth experience?
- Information Regarding the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Statement (2003)
- The Chemistry of Attachment
- ‘”Special Delivery”: The Gift of Loving Your Best Birth (and Making Peace with Plan B)’ with Ina May Gaskin
- Choosing a Birth Care Provider? The Birth Survey Now Offers Access to Reviews of Local Maternity Care Providers and Facilities
- A New Look at the Safety of Breastfeeding During Pregnancy
API Speaks (blog)
- Read about Pregnancy & Childbirth on API Speaks (blog)
- Natural Birth and Pain Management
- Planning for a Home Birth
- Following the Principles: Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting
- Maintaining Our Right to Choose
- Discuss Pregnancy and Childbirth on the API Forums
- Anyone birth twins naturally?
- Having toddler at birth?
- AATH: Not having "perfect birth" experience
- Birth Stories
- Extrovert becoming introverted with birth of #2
- AP and Birthing
- Donating cord blood?
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative
The Attached Family
API's The Attached Family online magazine, updated weekly with articles on a variety of topics, is an extension of the quarterly The Attached Family print magazine. The following articles on Getting Ready for Pregnancy and Childbirth are accessible at no cost on The Attached Family online magazine. Please consider joining API to help support API's ability to continue providing this information.
- Considerations of Sibling Spacing on the Family Dynamic
- Eating with Morning Sickness
- Study: Family Bonding Begins Before Birth for Unmarried Couples
- The Rising Rate of Cesarean Sections in the U.S.
- Planning for the Postpartum Period
- Be Prepared for These Common Childbirth Interventions
Members also receive a quarterly magazine, The Attached Family. Each spring’s annual New Baby issue focuses specifically on pregnancy, childbirth, and the early postpartum period.
In addition to the many resources available here on the Attachment Parenting International website, we are including valuable information on Principle-specific topics located on other websites. Please note that API has no control over the content available on these external sites.
- A new era of home birth research at Science and Sensibility from Lamaze International