Information to help busy families stay attached
This Principle is not complete without reading API's Eight Principles of Parenting Introduction -- important information for understanding the context API's Principles of Parenting.
It is important for busy families to maintain their attachment, a few ways to ensure this is by setting realistic goals, don't be afraid to say "no", and avoid over-scheduling. For more information, read the API resources listed below.
- Practice Consistent and Loving Care - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Strive for Balance in Personal and Family Live - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Read Giving Our Children Presence (PDF); this was the theme of the first annual Attachment Parenting Month in October 2008
- Read A Working Mom Seeks Balance on APtly Said (blog)
- Read Attached During the Holiday for ideas on staying attached during busy holiday seasons on APtly Said (blog)
- Read about Attachment Parenting and Vacations on APtly Said (blog)
The Attached Family
API's The Attached Family online magazine, updated weekly with articles on a variety of topics, is an extension of the quarterly The Attached Family print magazine. The following articles on Busy Attached Families are accessible at no cost on The Attached Family online magazine. Please consider joining API to help support API's ability to continue providing this information.
- Economic Recession is Reshaping Families
- The Changing Role of the New Father
- Twins Plus Two
- Extracurricular Activities Should Be Fun, Not Work
- Focus on the Simple Moments