Help foster a bond between your children
This Principle is not complete without reading API's Eight Principles of Parenting Introduction -- important information for understanding the context API's Principles of Parenting.
Create Schedules with Baby in Mind
- Instead of trying to fit baby into the existing pre-baby schedule, come up with creative ways to design new routines that include the baby
- Consider taking a sleeping baby along on date night, getting exercise by taking walks with baby in a sling, taking a trusted caregiver along for long evenings or special events, and working with employers to create a schedule that maximizes both parents' time with their child
For more information, read the API resources listed below.
- Strive for Balance in Personal and Family Live - One of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Learn how babywearing can help siblings bond by reading BabyWearing: A Natural Fashion Statement (PDF)
- Read Giving Presence to the Firstborn on APtly Said (blog)
- Read more about siblings on APtly Said
- Discuss sibling bonding on the API Forums
The Attached Family
API's The Attached Family online magazine, updated weekly with articles on a variety of topics, is an extension of the quarterly The Attached Family print magazine. The following articles on Sibling Bonding are accessible at no cost on The Attached Family online magazine. Please consider joining API to help support API's ability to continue providing this information.