Adoption, Foster Care, and Attachment Parenting
This Principle is not complete without reading API's Eight Principles of Parenting Introduction -- important information for understanding the context API's Principles of Parenting.
Attachment Parenting International has gathered the following resources that deal with adoption, foster care and attachment parenting.
- Read API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Read Developing Emotional Attachments in Adopted Children by Lysa Parker
- Read Expanding Our Attachment on APtly Said (blog)
- Read more about Adoption/Foster Care and Attachment Parenting on APtly Said
- Discuss Adoption and Foster Care on the API Forums. For more information on obtaining access to the private forum, click here.
- Read The Precious Journey of the Mother who Adopts Older Children (external site)
The Attached Family
API's The Attached Family online magazine, updated weekly with articles on a variety of topics, is an extension of the quarterly The Attached Family print magazine. The following articles on Adoption and Foster Care are accessible at no cost on The Attached Family online magazine. Please consider joining API to help support API's ability to continue providing this information.
- Issues Facing Adoptive Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Rosie’s Adoptive Birth Story
- Two Years and Five Months: An Adoption Story
- Michigan Foster Family Embraces AP