New to Attachment Parenting International?
The simple truth is that when we strengthen families, we nurture and fulfill our children's need for trust, respect, and affection, and ultimately provide a lifelong foundation for healthy, enduring relationships.
API promotes parenting practices that create strong, healthy emotional bonds between children and their parents. For life. So they can take those bonds with them into their adult lives and share them with their children. And their children can do the same. A life cycle of compassion and connection.
Through education, support, advocacy and research, our principal goal is to heighten global awareness of the profound significance of secure attachment - not only to invest in our children's bright futures, but to reduce and ultimately prevent emotional and physical mistreatment of children, addiction, crime, behavioral disorders, mental illness, and other outcomes of early unhealthy attachment.
Take a Tour of Our Site
- API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Find a support group in your area
- Read about the benefits of API Membership
- Find support online via the API Neighborhood
- Visit APtly Said, the blog of Attachment Parenting International
- Listen to a live teleseminar or order an archived copy from API Live
- See what's happening this week at The Attached Family Online
Learn More About Attachment Parenting
- Read Are You an Attachment Parent by Jennifer Scoby
- Learn about The Attachment Cycle
- Read The Chemistry of Attachment by Linda F. Palmer, DC
- ***Read how to create secure attachments with an older child (external site)
- Read more at API Recommended Reads