Begin the Attached the Heart Parent Educator application by completing the online form and paying your $30 non-refundable application fee. Please complete application only if you are planning to attend the scheduled pilot training listed below. More information about the application process is provided below.
As a trained facilitator you will be able to teach classes that help parents
- Learn important facts to help make decisions before and after baby arrives
- Understand baby’s cries and how to stay calm
- Learn how their childhood experiences influence their parenting
- Learn practical strategies for strengthening the bond with their baby or young child
- Learn how to guide prioritizing their lives to preserve the parent-child bond
- Learn infant communication signals and emotional milestones
- Understand how to make their couple relationship and family stronger
- Be a more informed and empowered parent
- Understand the benefits of positive discipline and how to implement them in daily life
Program developers and API co-founders Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker will personally teach the Pilot Program at a dramatically reduced rate. Space is limited. Apply today to take advantage of this rare opportunity to expand your knowledge base & be among the first accredited AATH Parent Educators.
- API's cofounders Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker will be speaking at the BirthWorks International Conference in Mount Laurel, New Jersey October 14-16. They will also be leading a three-day Attached at the Heart parenting education training in the New Jersey / New York surrounding area October 17-21, 2016. Applications are now being accepted for the Local Coordinator position which entails organizing the New Jersey or New York area training in exchange for complimentary tuition. This is an amazing opportunity for someone interested in deepening his or her understanding of API Principles and sharing that knowledge with the local community.
- Contact Erin at email@example.com to learn more.
Interested in being a Local Coordinator?
Contact Erin McDonald for more information:
API's application and approval is a prerequisite to becoming trained as an Attached at the Heart Parent Educator. There are two tracks available, as described below.
Track One (Fast Track)
Applies to applicants with extensive group facilitation experience (i.e. API Leader, La Leche League Leader) or related-degree professional experience in the child/family field to be determined during the application process.
a. Application and $30 non-refundable application fee (fee not applicable to API Leaders); This is a separate fee from the tuition price.
b. Begin assigned readings, Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg, Hold on to Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté and complete reading the text for the course, Attached at the Heart; and
c. Complete reading on selected API guidelines and policies.
Track Two Option
Applies to applicants with no experience with group facilitation experience/skills. Complete the API Leadership accreditation* that includes:
a. Two recommendations, forms provided to you after application receipt;
b. Application and $30 non-refundable application fee; This is a separate fee from the tuition price.
c. Personal experience with attachment parenting practices in your own family; and
d. Complete readings on attachment parenting information, theory, and practice, and API guidelines and policies.
For additional information visit: http://www.attachmentparenting.org/groupstart/becomealeader. This process can be completed within two months, and can range from two to twelve months.
*NOTE: While not required for becoming an API Parent Educator, advantages to becoming an API Leader would be the ability to form and facilitate local support group meetings, network with API Leaders all over the world, share meeting ideas, receive continued support and information from API and the Leaders forum. You will also have access to all Leader materials including facilitator’s handbook, meeting ideas and group management training. Becoming an API Leader will provide the option to offer ongoing support for your parents who attend or complete the parenting course.
The link below will take you to the application payment screen, and then you will be directed to the application form for completion.
Thank you for your interest in taking the training and helping us spread the message of secure parent-child attachment!